Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Personality and the Frontal Lobed

The role of the frontal lobe in reading out internal representation of stored information is only part of a larger role involving, in humans, the entire personality of an individual. Currently, there is considerable interest in the roles of specific neurotransmitters and neuromodulators, especially dopamine. A variety of neuropharmacological manipulations have documented the antipsychotic effects of neuroleptic drugs on dopaminergic systems, including the prefrontal cortex. These studies support the belief that psychotic behavior is due to malfunctioning of specific brain circuits, and the hope that normal function can be restored by drugs acting on the synapses of these circuits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne van Dyck said...

dear Masahiro,
I just found your posts - and hope to get some answers from you. I am looking for more information on Gammawaves - and dont find much aout it. If you have hints, i´m grateful. I do also want to purchase a IBVA system - at the moment I still work with pc and think about switching to Mac esp. as i heard that ibva works best with mac .. to whom should I talk about it. You see questions questions :) - I didnt find any emailadress - otherwise I would have written directly to you ...
all the best and looking forward to your answer
yvonne

12:41 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Where are you going with all this information?
I have some interest.
Email me at paulhunt@hugllc.com

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home